It’s hard to believe that my trip to the Philippines to serve with Shalom Birthing Center for the month of January is only 2 months away! I was able to excitingly book my flight this week! I’m very thankful that I was able to find one of the last few spots on a flight that was a good price (less than $1,000!) and also didn’t take over a day to get there. It’s starting to feel more real now!
Thank you to those that have generously supported me thus far in prayer and support-raising. I was able to raise enough support for the cost of my flights! I just have about $1,000 left to raise for my time in the Philippines serving with Shalom. Everything helps! Continued encouragement and support for this internship experience would be greatly appreciated. Ways to join with supporting me in this endeavor will be posted below. Thank you!
It has been a little hectic being in the busy time of the semester in nursing school plus getting ready for my internship in the Philippines. It has seemed like such a far-off endeavor, but the time is going to go by quickly! I finished up my obstetrics rotation in nursing clinical and absolutely loved it! It was amazing to be able to witness my first live birth! I also was able to practice caring for moms after delivery (postpartum) and their newborns. It is such an incredible gift to be a part of welcoming new life into the world and the unique transition of helping parents transition to their new baby. The only downside to this clinical was that it was so short! I am excited to be able to witness more births and gain more first-hand experience during my nursing internship at Shalom Birthing Center this January.
I will continue to post updates on preparing for this adventure and thank you to everyone who has helped thus far! I am so excited and thankful for this upcoming opportunity and trust for God’s continual provision in this process.
Ways to Support:
- Prayer for: provision, safety, preparation, Shalom Birthing Center, political unrest that is occurring in the Philippines, Pami (lead nurse at Shalom), mothers and babies served at Shalom
- Give online at https://www.actioninternational.org/helstad
- Mail a check directly to Action International Ministries. A response form is enclosed
- Make checks payable to Action International Ministries; Include “for Laura to Shalom” in the memo
- Include the response form in the envelope you mail.
- Mail back to Action International Ministries, PO Box 398, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043-0398 with the pre-paid envelope.
- Reach out: I would love to talk more about this upcoming adventure and my heart for maternal/child health, labor and delivery, serving underserved populations, cross-cultural ministry, and travel
- My e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org